Old September 21st 08, 07:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Standard Cirrus C-Hook

On Sep 20, 9:08*pm, "Chris" wrote:
There's a chance that the larger part suits a Nimbus 2 as this is the same
set up as the the Std Cirrus but larger.
The Cirrus 75 uses a different system all together to retain and drive the
horizontal stabilizer using square drive dogs and a clevis pin arrangement
in the top of the fin.

Chris Runeckles

"Frank Whiteley" wrote in message

Any chance the larger is for a Cirrus77?

Frank

On Sep 20, 7:12 pm, Randy wrote:

John,
Thanks for the link for the ADs and Technical Notes.
It is a great site.

This glider has been complied with for the the 1970 Tech Note 278-2.
The C-Hook is the same one shown in this Tech Note.

I have not been able to anything that mentions using this larger
hook and bearing.

On Sep 20, 3:52 pm, John Galloway wrote:

May I recommend that you make sure that you continue to comply with the
1970 Tech Note 278-2 for the Std Cirrus both for the hook and the
bearing.
See:

http://www.schempp-hirth.com/index.php?id=30&L=1

The elevator connection for the Std Cirrus is idiosyncratic to rig, not
difficult to mis-connect (in my hands), and requires careful checking
before flight. Not a place for second hand or non-standard parts.

John Galloway

Yeah, after I posted I thought about Nimbus 2, with all flying tail
like the Cirrus.

Frank