Old August 16th 10, 06:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Glider Rental Insurance:

On Aug 15, 1:35*pm, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Aug 15, 6:06*am, Walt Connelly Walt.Connelly.

wrote:
A rather unfortunate event at the gliderport I frequent has prompted me
to ask a few questions regarding renters insurance for gliders. *The
unfortunate individual whose flying (or lack thereof) resulted in the
loss of a Schweizer 1-34 will, I understand, be responsible for the
deductible portion of the insurance. *Reasonable and understandable if
you ask me.

Is there such an animal as glider rental insurance which might cover a
broad spectrum of unforeseen events? *If so, what might the name of the
carrier be and perhaps a link to their website? *

Thank you very much,

Walt Connelly
Neophyte Glider Pilot

--
Walt Connelly

You best bet would be to call folks like Costello Insurance and ask
then about what specifically you are after. Many of us who insure our
own gliders also carry renters insurance through insurance purchased
by people like Costello.

Darryl

Last time I checked, if you're a private owner through the SSA Hull
Plan (Costello), then you have non-owner/renter insurance up to the
hull value of your sailplane as long as it's on flying coverage. If
you put it on ground cover over the winter, that coverage stops.

Frank Whiteley