Old September 15th 10, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Airplane prices are ridiculous

Mark wrote:
On Sep 14, 10:18Â*am, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 13, 8:14Â*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 13, 5:33Â*pm, wrote:
But this guy thinks the weight limit on a LSA is based on the actual weight.

I go by what the POH says.

Then why did you say you thought a Skipper that weighed 1100 lbs. would
qualify as a LSA?

I'll tell you why. After realizing the skipper I looked at wasn't
LSA I searched the ads and found more than one of them
that weighted 1100 lbs.

You still don't get it, do you?

The weight of an airplane isn't a determining factor in qualifying as a
LSA, it is the max gross weight.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Read for comprehension. I've already explained that it seemed
a possibility that there was a Piper variant which...if it weighed
1100lbs empty...would still have a very narrow, and crappy
margin to still accomodate another 230lbs. I weigh less than
that.

All of them weigh 1,100 lb empty from the factory.

They also hold 29 gal of fuel for an additional 174 lb.

Do you weigh less than 46 lb?

Yes I get it. I got it all years ago.

Evidently not.

--