Old February 7th 17, 09:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim White[_3_]

Default Test results LiFePO4 glider batteries after 6 years

At 01:55 07 February 2017, Richard wrote:

I think you guys have a large dose of Hopeful.

All the batteries mentioned in this post including the BMS are made and
sea=
led as a unit in China. =20

Is that true od A123? The manufacturer claims that the design (and original
build) is American, the chemistry is failsafe, and that the BMS balances
each cell individually without needing to be on a charger.

The downside is that they also claim 5AH. I have been using these with
great results for 2 seasons now.

I also like the internal fuse feature.

Jim