Old September 8th 18, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MrT

Default Ventus ballast leak

On Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 1:21:53 PM UTC+2, wladkummer76 wrote:
Hi all,

Id like to ask for help here. My Ventus a SN143 right wing ballast is
leaking around the ballast valve actuator rod. I've contacted S&H but
no response so far. I do not know if a O-ring seal would fit in the
small recess.

Have anyone in this group experienced this problem?

Thanks to everyone

Hi,

I want to do the repair myself as I'm qualified - that way I can save some $ and gain some experience.

But it would nevertheless be good with some input from people who have already done similar repairs.

SH told me to follow the Maintenance manual, but in the Maintenance manual (April 1983) they only describe glass fibre repairs. For Carbon parts they say, that one should ask for instruction from the manufacture :-S

Thanks MrT