Old October 6th 04, 06:23 PM
Dude

Zenith is none to happy about the ICP guys ripping off their designs.
Apparently, they make a similar "improved" version of the low wing as well.

Hope everything comes out okay on yours, but maybe you should buy a set of
plans from Heintz if you can. The guy did design the plane afterall, he
should get some money for it.

wrote in message
Well, I'll go. I've got an ICP Savannah about 3/4 done. It is an
aluminum
two place inspired by the Zenith 701. It is designed for STOL. Some call
it
a rip off of the 701, but there are a number of improvements:

Creases on the fuselage skins to reduce "drumming"

More conventional tail instead of the "inverted airfoil"

Higher cruise speed

Kit has most parts drilled, deburred, and ready for assembly

Delivery time is about 4 weeks instead of 6-8

More instruments supplied, plus cabin heat and seat upolstery
included
in price. Both are about same price.

Of course there are some minuses as well:

Rated climb is 1200 f/m compared to 1300 for the 701

Tires are smaller in diameter

Track width of wheels is six inches narrower

So far, no major hitches with build. The manual could be better, but it's
not
terrible. There is a fairly active forum on yahoo for the Savannah, and
the
folks there are pretty good at answering questions.

tom pettit

In article , "W P Dixon"
wrote:
Hello Gang!
Just dropping a line to find out what projects people are working on
in
the group. Have not seen alot of aircraft talk