Old June 5th 04, 10:24 PM
David

No vectors, I was on course, on the flight plan, each time.

The previous post questioning RAIM failure makes me think that is the
likely suspect. I didn't think to check the status screen right at
that time (too busy flying), but if this happens again I will take a
closer look if at all possible.

Dave

wrote in message ...
Were you being vectored to the final approach course? If so, you need
to be established on the FAC at least two miles prior to the FAP. If
you're not established two miles out from the FAP, the approach mode
will not activate.

That's somewhere in the book, and I've seen it myself.

On 4 Jun 2004 20:38:57 -0700,
(David) wrote:

Yesterday I flew two approaches with my GNS 430, the RNAV (GPS) RWY 03
at KCHO, and the RNAV (GPS) RWY 24 at KROA. In both cases, the 430
reported "Approach Not Active" just s I reached the FAF (JAGAG at CHO
and HIBAN at ROA), and stopped sequencing. I am quite certain that I
activated both approaches when I added them to the flight plan (not
just "Loaded" them). It was VMC+ at each airport, so I just continued
to landing both times. I didn't get any other warnings or messages
from the 430.

Any ideas on why the 430 may have stopped sequencing at the FAF on my
approaches?

I re-read the Pilot's Guide, but if there's something related there I
didn't see it.

Thanks,
Dave