Old January 4th 17, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default First TSO-C199 "TABS" device

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 5:56:54 PM UTC-8, jfitch wrote:
On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 12:56:16 PM UTC-8, Sarah wrote:
http://www.trig-avionics.com/new-tn7...at-flyer-live/

This should be available Q1 2017 - it's already popping up on aircraftSpruce & the like, at a sub- $400 price. Quite interesting for those of us with Trig transponders.

In the US, all airspace is "outside of designated ADS-B out airspace" for gliders. Or motorgliders I presume.

What are the consequences of having a Trig 21 vs 22, in both the TABS regulations and pure functionality? I understand that a Trig 21 may not meet TABS regulations, if there ever comes to be some. But will it actually function, if wired to the Trig TN72 source?

Probably none. Except visits from the FCC & airport police.

I will have the TN72 in the first quarter of 2017 per the distributor.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com