Old April 4th 19, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Buying LS3a or ASW20a? ~$25k cross country glider. Which one and why?

Conventional wisdom is 400 hours +/- for a complete standard class glider. In our experience (decent shop, decent skills, decent equipment) we have taken about 10-15% more time, but we've been starting with basket cases, so strip down to glass.

On Thursday, April 4, 2019 at 2:12:31 PM UTC-4, Dan Daly wrote:
To get an idea of what a refinish entails, take a look at Richard's work on his Ventus B... http://craggyaero.com/ventus.htm

140.5 hrs not counting build-up (gear, TOST hook, belts, instruments, registration marks/contest ID, rudder, etc), weighing. All in a wonderful workshop with all the right gear and skills to do it. That's just for the fuselage, now add in the wings.