Old August 18th 08, 12:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

Default ***** Space Pictures's Argument Resolved At Last! *****

It's more like BITCH! BITCH! BITCH!

You guys are falling all over yourselves when anything beyond a
JPG file is posted.

It's not J3's fault that some posts are seen right away and others
take a while or fall into a black hole. The same problem happens on
many servers.

For the record, I posted 30 files about a month back and different
servers recieved a different variety of the 30. Eventually all 30
posted and in one case it took a week for everything to show.

If anyone has a ham radio license and operates packet or more
advanced systems, they undertsand how a bbs system operates which
is not far removed from the systems on the Internet.

The same senerio is played on the Internet. If timing is off or
there is a lot of traffic, traffic has a hell of a time getting
heard. After so many retries the all mighty black hole comes into
play.

1. Kill-file (plonk, exclude, deny) J3. No more J3 stuff.

If it makes you feel better to NOT see what is offered thats cool.
It's like walking into a restaurant and looking at only half the
menu. Makes no sense to me but I suppose some people prefer a state
of denial.

2. Start (re)posting the hell out of your own pictures.

Oh ya, that will do the trick! That's like saying make more noise
and everything will sound better. NOT! Flooding the system with
pictures we have already seen and commented because of J3's posting
of RAR files is immature, idiotic, will not persuade J3 to stop
posting his RAR files. It will only continue to further clog up an
over-worked system.

3. Your news server's three-day rentention value will
start knocking J3's off as well.

Did you ever think it's a systems's lack of retention coupled with
an inability to "hear" what the news system is passing might be a
large part of the problem. Paying for a service does not guarantee
the service is working right. If I get 100 new posts a day and you
only see five, don't you think you need to discuss the issue with
your News Service Provider?

I know . . . the witch is guilty, right? Burn them all at the stake!