Old August 25th 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
smithcorp

Default Sun Ship Game on Youtube - Complete

Thanks for the link - got the movie and watched it last night. What
great stuff - makes me want to track down other older docos and movies
featuring soaring. So many crashes and risks taken in this film
though, makes me reluctant to show it to my wife! Seemed like almost
every outlanding included a ground loop.

Great to see the dress code for flying back then. Collared shirt and
chinos. Reminded me of a book I looked at with history of gliding in
Western Australia, with photos from the 1930s era of chaps in primary
gliders wearing shorts with ties. Tally ho!