Old November 21st 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bildan

Default Lacquer

Yep, Krylon rattle cans - $1.20 each at Wallmart.

Interestingly, this stuff is completely compatible with gelcoat. The
white primer is an exact color match for white gelcoat and polishes up
nicely. It can even be used for minor scratch repair.

On Nov 21, 11:04*am, "Tim Mara" wrote:
it's call "Krylon" available at Home Depot's everywhere!
A rattle can of any kind does the job just fine...simple enamel spray paint
goes on easy and comes off later on without much difficulty when you change
the numbers.....or use vinyl transfers...easier, just as nice or nicer done
and you can do any fancy font or design you want...even today fancy graphics
can be used....if you can dream it up the design can be done
tim

--
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website atwww.wingsandwheels.com

"Roger Fowler" wrote in message

Does anyone have a source for dark gray lacquer for painting contest
numbers on a sailplane? *Preferably in the US. *I know it is old
fashioned, but that is what I want to do.

Thanks in advance,
Roger