Old November 28th 20, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ted Frost

Default Site ideas for a big Western US soaring trip next season

On Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 8:12:11 AM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Ted Frost wrote on 11/21/2020 8:03 AM:
Having been a member of the Soaring Society of Boulder CO for 28yrs, I highly recommend that site! I also recommend Eagle Soaring airfield in Steamboat Springs CO, my current club. The Park mountain range is nearby and provides good lift during the May-September soaring season.
Ted Frost

I prefer a paved airport for my ASH26E self-launcher, instead of Eagle Soaring's turf. Would
operating out of Steamboat Springs be a reasonable alternative? It has a great runway and low
activity, according to Airnav.

Bob Adams airport, the municipal airport operated by the City, is ~2mi NE of Eagle Soaring airfield and offers a paved runway. As a new resident of Steamboat Springs I've only heard of one motorglider calling the pattern there. You're correct that activity there is light and self-launching shouldn't be a problem.