Old April 6th 04, 02:58 PM
SelwayKid

ost (Ditch) wrote in message ...
Living here in the South after growing up in California, I can attest that
the 'bumpkin' stereotypes did not become stereotypes without reason.
And that's all I have to say about that.

Same situation...but I was able to escape and head back west. They have earned
the sterotype.

John
Perhaps many of them moved to central California? I was shot at a
number of times in the San Joaquin valley in both airplanes and
helicopters with at least one hit.
Having sprayed in many parts of the country, and world, I've been shot
at more than a few times. On at least one occasion I shot back and
dumped a load of highly toxic chemical on terrorists who were shooting
at me in Mozambique. But it was a time of civil war and I also carried
a sub-machine gun everywhere I went. Had to use it in the house one
night when my wife woke me to say someone was moving about....but
thats a story for a different time.
Ol Shy & Bashful
BTW, even the locals ridicule the "redneck" stereotype who seem to
crop up in every part of the world.

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*