Old March 2nd 05, 10:16 PM
T. & D. Gregor, Sr.

Hi Gary & Gig:

Here's how we approached it, when the grandsons were in town for a
recent visit.

Opps... I forgot the link:

http://users.erols.com/tdg/images/to...e_grandson.jpg

Tom G, Sr.

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:30:54 -0600, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote:

First, finish your training. Then take your wife flying a few times. Once
she is more comfortable with it she won't transmit her fear to your child.

In the mean time just take him to the airport and let him see the planes up
close and see them land and take off.

"GEG" wrote in message
I have a 6 year old son.
I'm only a student pilot.
However, in my youth, I thought flying was totally cool - yet
completely out of my domain. I lived in a very rural area
and we didn't have much money as a family.

I really wish I had been exposed to it earlier.
In fact, I wish I would have made a career out of it.

My wife is a little "weary" of flying, having the "nervous wife/mom"
syndrome.

I'd like to introduce aviation (not just flying) to my son
over time.

I'm wondering if anyone has resources or recommendations of how
to do this effectively without being overbearing, being realistic,
but creating true excitement.
I mean, I have some idea, but still, input and perspective from
other sources can be invaluable!

Are there books covering such methods?

Thanks to all in advance!

Name: T. & D. Gregor, Sr.