Old February 15th 12, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_37_]

Default New Butterfly Vario

On Feb 14, 2:15*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

The LX8000 and LX9000 use an AHRS sensor box with built in g-meters, etc.http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav.htm#LXNAV-AHRS

Paul Remde

"Mike" wrote in message

On Feb 14, 12:08 am, Max Kellermann wrote:

Mike wrote:
XCSoar has an artificial horizon? I did not know that.

Yes:

http://git.xcsoar.org/cgit/master/xc...enderer/Horizo...

The code has been there for many years, but is disabled, the comment
says why. (Not my opinion/decision, I would not put artificial limits
on technology used by XCSoar)

This code will be reinstated when Johnny (and the rest of the
OpenVario project) finishes his new vario design, which includes a
real AHRS. The OpenVario project started long before Butterfly
announced their vario, but since it's a spare time project of a few
soaring geeks, it takes a bit longer.

*Max

Is this also the source of the faux AH found in L8000?

Thanks for the explanation Paul. I meant LK8000. Pesky laptop
keyboards and poor detail to editing...