Old April 8th 21, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean E

Default Std. Libelle water ballast system

I bought my second Std. Libelle, s/n 593 so it is a balasted ship ex-factory. A 201B.
It has waterbags, the dumplever but no valve in the wheel well and no holes in the bulkhead behind the seat and the wheel well.
Not a trace of it...

It has seen extensive damage the two years after it was delivered new.
The first repair consisted of the complete new cockpit section, it might explain things but I cannot imagine it hasn't flown ballasted the last 46 years.

What do I miss?
The ships I know are in the 100, 200 and 300 build number range.
I never saw other late serial ships.

You said the ship had extensive damage, I would recommend reviewing the current weight and balance to make sure you can add more ballast, if you haven't already done so.

Sean