Old September 28th 04, 02:56 PM
Dave S

I think he was referring to Boats in the sense of them being an
alternative "Money Pit". The joke is down here in Houston (with the
largest recreational boat fleet in the US on Clear Lake) that you can
save lots of time by just going out to the peir and dumping your money
in the water by the bucket.. instead of actually spending it on your
boat.... Kinda like airplanes... now that your think of it.

Dave

Jay Honeck wrote:
...that most
unusual of all combinations in people: Stupidity and money.

Hah! You obviously haven't spent much time around an upscale marina.

Actually, I have -- I grew up on the shores of Lake Michigan.

Huge money, huge boats, huge parties -- and certainly a bunch of stupid
actions. I've seen guys so drunk that they simply fell off the back of
their 48-foot yachts, and had to be fished out with a pole.

However, although those people act like fools on the weekends, in my
experience they rarely act that way when it comes to investing their money.