Old June 18th 12, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Texas Tragedy Info?

On Monday, June 18, 2012 1:55:21 PM UTC-5, Ramy wrote:
On Monday, June 18, 2012 11:35:25 AM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
On Monday, June 18, 2012 2:13:38 PM UTC-4, Ramy wrote:
On Monday, June 18, 2012 10:54:30 AM UTC-7, cuflyer wrote:
On Monday, June 18, 2012 9:37:03 AM UTC-4, Linwood wrote:
Anyone have any knowledge of the three fatality glider crash in Texas?
Glider type? Situation?

Linwood

Kid on his mother's lap - ? Affecting control - ?
This is really ugly.

1FL

It was indeed the freaking tail dolly!!!
http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012...gation/#5891-7

Ramy

Nope- If the tail dolly was on, glider is still flyable. Most likely speculation on may part-#1 rule broken here which is FLY THE AIRPLANE.
I have seen a few tail dolly incidents or the years, and in every case, the pilot had to be told that the tail dolly was still on.
Other bad rule broken- NO unrestrained people in the glider- ever.
Terribly sad
UH

If it is not the cause, must be to main contributing factor. I just find it hard to believe that it is unrelated.
What a tragedy

Ramy

Lark manual with scratched in hard to read W&B numbers for that particular ship:
http://www.clubplaneadoresbari.com.a...ark_Manual.pdf

Seems to me that a tail dolly heavy enough to put it out of the aft limit would have to be very heavy.