Old December 31st 03, 04:15 PM
Jim Weir

And if you've ever had to service the filter on one of them, you'd gag and vomit
at the next cigarette you saw (back in the '60s, when smoking was all the rage
on the airplane).

There's a hell of a good question -- why did the OUTFLOW valve on the 727
(located on the starboard side of the aircraft back in the aft airstairs
compartment) have a FILTER on it?

Jim

"Ron Natalie"

-
-"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
-I have no direct knowledge of how big an airliner
- outflow valve is, but I am going to guess three inches in diameter
-
-I think this is a good guess. It sort of looks like the top of a can of
-parmesan cheese.

http://www.rst-engr.com