Old February 21st 20, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Possible to convert Ventus Ct to Cm?

If your glider has Experimental registration, you can try it yourself or
find people who have the skills.Â* There are such folks at Moriarty and,
I'm sure, other places as well.Â* Having read earlier in this thread that
the engine and extension mechanism are the same, I don't see why it
couldn't be done.Â* The prop may have longer blades and require a bigger
bay opening and you may need more fuel capacity.

I would expect the factory to say, "No".Â* They don't want any part of
such a modification which could open them up to liability.

On 2/21/2020 10:55 AM, Mike N. wrote:
Yep, possible other factors.

Which is why I am asking for some advice.
I was hoping to get some feedback from someone who may have in depth knowledge of S.H. Ventus.

I did see the one response above that per S.H. it's a definite no.

So I'll close out this question.

--
Dan, 5J