Old March 31st 20, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams[_2_]

Default Oudie gear warning?

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 2:27:02 PM UTC-5, Scott Williams wrote:
On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 12:57:38 PM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
You are welcome!

I am one of many who exhorted Naviter to add an altitude based gear warning. It was included in an update, I believe, at the beginning of last year.

It is based on your AGL - about 200m / 660 ft. It knows where you are and it knows the ground level where you took off. If A = B, you get the warning.

It also has a gear warning at altitude to make sure you are "gear up". I can't remember what the logic is behind that. Circling I think.

Anyway, a very useful reminder in the pattern.

Lou

Is this function added to an IGC with an update?
Scott

Got it, If only I would read the posts in order,
Thanks for the heads up!!
Scott