Old October 5th 03, 03:45 AM
Doug Weibel

Alfred - Please confirm that trailers manufactured after 1996 do not need to
have the wheel bearings repacked. I received my trailer in 2000, so I
would assume that it was built after 1996. I noticed this summer that when
trailering the center cap on the hub would be hot to the touch. Not
extremely hot, but definitely hotter than the tires, etc. On account of
this I had intended to repack the bearings this winter. Should I not be
concerned with some heating. I do typically trailer at 75 to 80 M.P.H.
(Western U.S.)

Best Regards,
Doug Weibel

"Alfred Spindelberger" wrote in message
om...
"Greg Arnold" wrote in message

I think the brakes are designed so they don't work when the wheels are
turning backwards. So be careful about parking the trailer when the
tongue is aiming uphill.

"Udo Rumpf" wrote in message
What is the mechanism to prevent the breaks from being activated when
backing up?
--

One more remark:
When you push the trailer back with open handbrake: So soon the lever