Old February 19th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Texas Parasol Plans...

"Morgans" wrote in message

wrote

The dry weight of the prototype was 200 lbs and it was designed
for 400 lbs gross, by real engineers.

I could not fly it, and I'm by no means, a lard butt. Under 170 lbs for
the pilot, it looks like to me.
--
Jim in NC

I admit the same problem, due mostly to height. It would need to be scaled
up, which is not always a good idea, since it is difficult to scale myself
down. I am making some progress on the width and gross weight part of the
problem. :-)

None the less, an interesting design--even though it apears to be so
"traditional" as to use a tail skid to double as a brake.

Peter