Old February 21st 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Texas Parasol Plans...

Clare,

You seem to be pretty well connected up there.
And you concerns are (believe it or not) well taken.

May I ask if it might be possible to collect whatever information
IS available from that test? Initial assumptions, load distribution,
deflections noted (preferably at any given load, if possible), etc.

Last night there was a message on the Texas Parasol list that indicated
that the spar tube in question had actually kinked.

The only thing I'd heard before is that the rig was in danger of
imminent collapse - but no details as to what was meant by that.

I've never been offered even a scrap of this kind of information - only
the final conclusion. And that rather loudly...

If you really believe there is an issue here, what would it hurt?

Thanks,

Richard