Old February 6th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Newps

Default "Rolling" to ATC

I don't fly to any of the away games. That almost never works.
Weather's too crappy and you need a car anyways at the other end. Not
much of a transition moving up, the kids handle it fine. Where are you
located?

Viperdoc wrote:
Just got back from practice- my son is a squirt, and I'm one of the
assistant coaches. We have play downs this weekend (do these sound
familiar?), but unfortunately I'll be in San Diego for a meeting.

It was actually warmer inside the rink than outside tonight, with the OAT
hovering at -4degrees. With two to three practices and at least one to two
games on the weekends it cuts into the flying time. However, we try to fly
to his games, even if it's only a 15 minute ride. Of course going to the
distant tournaments really becomes more fun- and I usually commute by plane
rather than drive.

Was it a big transition going from squirt to checking? My son isn't very
big, so I'm concerned about him getting crushed.