Old February 12th 07, 10:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
309

Default ICOM battery replacement question

I've purchased a number of different battery packs from
www.batteriesamerica.com (formerly EH Yost, or Mr. Nicad).

I've purchased both replacement cells and full packs for my ICOM IC-
A24s. I've been quite happy with both.

I see they have a pack for the IC-A3:

"CM-166 12v 1200mAh Nickel Metal Hydride battery for ICOM IC-A22 &
IC-A3
Same size as original stock battery, with twice the operating time !
Hi-Watt power! ICOM-compatible.
Web special sale price $59.95 each !!"

This pack has more juice than the packs that I got with my ICOM's; I
believe they had 650 mAh packs. I have this for my IC-A24, and it
works great.

They also make/sell a really neat quick charger for the ICOM's, and
that's made my life considerably easier!

Their prices are tough to beat, and they pretty much do BATTERIES, and
not much else. I've also purchased cell phone packs, NP-7A (12 v
SLA's for my glider) and a larger battery from them to provide enough
juice to keep the 'trons flowing on wave flights.

I don't know if they'll ship across the pond, or cost effectively.

Overall, I'm thoroughly happy with their product and service.

Best wishes,

-Pete

Martin Gregorie wrote:
martin@ | Martin Gregorie