Old August 23rd 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval
Richard Casady

Default Sec. of State Rice warns Russia about Bombers off Alaska

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:12:35 -0700, Steve Hix
wrote:

In article ,
(Richard Casady) wrote:

It is easier to avoid a snake than shoot it.

I've lived in rattlesnake country almost all my life. Never a problem,
as long I take some care turning over rocks or logs in the spring, when
the hatchlings are first out. If I could just convince the local bull
snakes to move in on the gophers...

Many western ranches do nothing to discourage rattlers in the barn.
They like the rodents less.

Casady