Old October 30th 03, 12:22 PM
Ian McPhee

I recall in my past at Lake Keepit in Australia on one Friday doing 78
tows in PA25-235 and the next Friday I broke that record and did 82
tows. We were well organised on the ground with me dropping the rope
and the next glider would be ready to go and a ground crew would hook
on the next rope onto the Pawnee. This was done around May 20 which
was just before our winter so weather was cool and we started about
7.30am and finished 5.15pm which was near last light at this time of
the year. Previous day records were all around 50 tows and we have
never gone close to that record in more recent years. I believe you
could only do this in a Pawnee as it is relaxing to fly. I recall
stopping after each 12 flights for a little rest and this all happened
in 1987 - the good old days!!
Ian McPhee
Byron Bay Australia