Old February 11th 05, 07:37 PM
Robert M. Gary

True, but the "magic" for IFR students to listen to is the "cleared
to". The rest could happen when VFR. A lot of students have a hard time
understanding the difference between radar services for instrument
approaches (practice approaches) and IFR approaches. Its easier to
train students to listen for the magic "cleared to " (the smart guys
will ask, "What about 'cleared to Land'").

BTW: Ron, will I see you in Mexico weekend after next with the rest of
us in the Mooney group? We're going down to pet grey whales.

-Robert, CFI