Old August 23rd 20, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

Default Apis M Owners

On Friday, August 21, 2020 at 2:23:51 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hello, my name is Frank and I recently bought an Apis M 15m 2005 with 300tt hours and 40 engine hours. The glider is very new.

Does someone has any tips to give me about this glider, and if it's easy or some particular thing in flight? I just flew gliders, this is my first motorglider.

Thanks everyone, good flights for all.

Frank, the glider is easy to fly and has no bad habits as far as I can tell.. I have 300 hours on it. The self-launch is easy. Taxi to the launch point and run through your check list. Be sure your spoilers are closed and locked or you will not be able to climb normally. Normal is about 500 fpm. Hold the stick full back (to prevent the nose from hitting the ground) and give it full throttle. When you reach about 15 knots move the stick forward to about center and let the tail come off the ground. Keep it balanced on the main wheel and it will take off soon when it is ready. Keep the speed at 49 knots during climb out.