Old February 1st 04, 05:36 PM
Mike Rapoport

"Plumb Bob" wrote in message
news:veaTb.156226$sv6.854729@attbi_s52...

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
k.net...

time I called them. I am in the national opt out list for all

pre-approved
credit and I still get at least two "offers" a day. I guess that

Congress
is so busy spending our hard earned money developing rainforests in Iowa

and
subsidized rail to Disneyland that they don't have time for legislation

that
ordinary people really care about.

Well, they are working on legistlation you and I care about: It's called
pork spending and running up the deficit to obscene levels.

I know we all care about that!!

I guess they need to distinguish what we care about from what we want! Pork
spending is getting out of hand but I don't see any mechanism to contain it.
Even the defense budget is about 25% pork according to one study I read (I
think it was by the CBO or GAO).

Mike
MU-2