Old February 1st 04, 07:53 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
ink.net...

I guess they need to distinguish what we care about from what we want!

Pork
spending is getting out of hand but I don't see any mechanism to contain

it.
Even the defense budget is about 25% pork according to one study I read (I
think it was by the CBO or GAO).

In 1981-82 the Grace Commission found that 40% or more of government
spending was pork/waste.

But hey, this is a DEMOCRACY. The spending might not be what YOU want (you
probably have your own little pet project -- we all do), but it's what your
NEIGHBOR wants.

"What we must remember is that, in a democracy, the whores are us." - P.J.
O'Rourke, _Parliament of Whores_.