Old July 22nd 03, 09:59 PM
Roger Tracy

Yes. In my Sundowner I put weight in the back .. helped a lot.

In a Bell 47 for solo I used to put weight down in the bubble in
front of copilot pedals. I was a lot lighter then. ;-)

"Kirk" wrote in message
news
Anyone ever throw a weight in the back to get within allowable weight and
balance? I am flying a C182 with 430 pounds (pilot & passenger) in the
front row. The point is I would like both of us to sit up front for the
flight. I have other aircraft that I can fly, and this is not a required
flight (no safety flaming please).

Calculated arm is 37.99, and minimum arm at that weight is 38.15. I am
144.85 pounds UNDER gross weight at this point.

If I throw a 20 pound weight in the main baggage compartment the arm is

38.4
(meets the minimum requirements) and we can both sit up front.