Old February 13th 04, 04:51 PM
Peter R.

Michael ) wrote:

The same
plane will eat your lunch night-IFR. A reasonable checkout for a
pilot who is already instrument proficient in a C-172 or similar and
wishes to fly something like a Bo IFR is 10 hours.

Good point, Michael. I am going to be even more conservative than that.
Despite 550 hours in a C172, I've lowered my expectation to at least 25
hours to check out in the Bo, most due to IMC/night IMC challenges in an
aircraft that can over-speed in an unusual attitude in seconds.

--
Peter R.