Old March 30th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default My next medical

John Huthmaker wrote:
So this coming Tuesday I get to enjoy having 3 wisdom teath extracted (For
some reason I never grew a fourth one). Yes-I cant wait! So do I have to
put this on my next medical application as "Surgeries"? I will be going to
see an oral surgeon to have him cut out one that has never come through the
gums, and I will be put under (a first for me). Of course I have no plans
to do any flying for the 5-7 days I expect to be laid up medicated. I know
it is nothing that I could be denied a medical for considering that most
people have their wisdom teath removed, but realistically do I need to put
it on my next medical application?

Report it. It's nothing that is going to affect your medical one way or the
other but it might if you don't report it. As for the guys who seem to worry
about anesthesia vs getting the medical... don't sweat it. I've had well over a
dozen surgeries and still qualify.

Heart transplant? Sure, that might affect you elegibility. But wisdom teeth?
Never!

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE