Old April 2nd 17, 06:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default XCSkies version 3 - announced by Chris Galli - coming in ten days... ?

SkySight.io.

Matthew seems to operate at the other end of the customer service spectrum from what many of us have seen in the last ~4 years of XC Skies.
More than just another World Champion.
Jim

Worse than that - some of the XC Skies web site hasn't been updated since 2009 and Chris has almost completely ignored his paying customers, failing to answer e-mails or technical questions for more than 4 years.

He may produce an improved product - he clearly knows what he's doing there - but in my experience customer service is determined by the owner of a company and doesn't usually change. I am afraid we will get a wonderful new XC Skies product and then Chris will disappear for another 8 years and we'll be on our own again!

I do weather forecasts for my club and occasionally for contests. Folks ask me for my opinion. I am advising everyone I know to support Matt and sign up for SkySight and, if they can only afford one subscription, to drop XC Skies.

Sorry Chris, but that's what happens when you take customers money and then ignore them when they need help with your product.

Mike