Old September 17th 04, 12:56 AM
W P Dixon

Yep!
That's another reason to have a good group of aircraft related friends,
though not the rule or necessary by the FAA's standards always having those
extra eyes from others can help alot.
As for the inspector ..so true! I know alot of aeronautical engineers
that only know how to read something out of a book too! HAHAHA All goes bad
to what I was saying, you have to have confidence in your own ability.
Hopefully have those "extra eyes"....and if it feels good ...let's fly!
"Rich S." wrote in message
"Del Rawlins" wrote in message

Why then, must the aircraft be placarded with a passenger warning that
states that it does NOT conform to federal safety standards? Yeah,
I'm playing devil's advocate to an extent, but it was my understanding
that if you are bound and determined to ignore standard practices,
that they still have to give you an experimental amateur built C of A
if you meet the requirements for it (paperwork, markings, 51%, etc).
They may cripple you with lousy operating limitations, but they have
to give you the certicate of airworthiness.

Comments?

Have to go along with you 100% on that one, Del. The inspector that

checked
out my Emeraude couldn't find his ass with both hands. The *only* things

he
was interested in - or knew how to check were those that you mentioned. As
far as airplane expertise? He failed to notice (for example) that none of

my
control cable turnbuckles were safetied. I knew that I was going to
disassemble and reassemble it again before going flying - but he didn't.

He
did even ask. All he wanted to see were the numbers for his record.

Rich "You get what you pay for - excluding your taxes" S.