Old December 4th 03, 11:45 PM
JerryK

If I'm reading the pictures correctly, I think that rather than attempting
to engineer a DC supply for the WX Works reciever that works directly off
the ships power, he's run the ships power into the inverter and plugged
the WXWorx "wall wart" power supply into that.

Somebody willing to cut wires and make their own power supplies could
probably make it much smaller, but I think one of Dave's goals was that he
could take the expensive stuff like the WxWorx receiver out of the box and
have it be as good as new.

I am pretty sure the WxWrox unit runs on DC power. At least the one in my
friend's plane is plugged into the cigarette lighter.