Old April 28th 04, 08:59 AM
Bert Willing

As an instructor having trained ab initio students in Ka7, Ka13 and Janus,
your remark seems completely unfounded to me. Somebody starting his training
on glass learns the same things in the same laps of time as if he would
start on wood & fabric.
And maintainance on a glass ship is a lot easier than wood & fabric.

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

"elZee" a écrit dans le message de

"Scott Macleman" wrote in message
Just wondering what some of the more experienced people think.

Keep the ASK13.

I am biased as I went solo in one .. Glass ships are going to get you into

a lot
more trouble, whereas the K13 will always be a more forgiving platform for
training. Plus you are already ahead in terms of trailer and maintenance

of a
familiar piece of equipment versus the servicing of an FRP ship. Insurance

costs
will be higher too I'm sure!

Keep the ASK13

HTH