Old August 26th 05, 04:55 AM
Aluckyguess

"W P Dixon" wrote in message
Interesting,
The USMC has some very nicely equipped Whiskey Cobras they could send up
with the border patrol, and OH they are stationed right there at MCAS
YUMA!

I know where you are coming from Jay, my 1st wife was of hispanic
descent, father Nuevo Laredo, mexico and Mom from Bogota Columbia....and
they did not like the wide open borders either. Though my father in law
had a very good paying job he said the illegals kept the pay down for
Mexicans that were here legally.

I never thought about that but he was right.
I think the reason they let them in is they are funding our social security
system with phony ID's. They pay in but will never collect.

They are really good folks and I think very highly of them. Great
family that loved a reason for a fiesta!!!!!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
newsxvPe.282087$_o.58618@attbi_s71...
Perhaps we should arm the copter with machine guns and fire back?

No, that would be barbaric.

However, I am continually amazed at the vociferous opposition to actually
controlling our borders. For some reason the ACLU and a host of other
do-gooder organizations find it anathema for America to actually restrict
immigration to legal immigrants only -- a fact that baffles me.

We are friends with a family from Columbia. They came to America the
hard way -- legally -- and have struggled over the last decade with
obtaining green cards for their family members, and with becoming
American citizens. It has been a tough row to hoe, and they are
rightfully proud of their efforts and status.

They are also the most vocally anti-Mexican group of people I have EVER
known. Their attitude toward illegal immigrants borders on Fascist --
they simply despise them for cheating and taking the easy way -- at what
they see as their expense -- and I am sure they would advocate following
this poster's (I hope) tongue-in-cheek suggestion to arm the border
patrol helicopters with machine guns.

But what is so wrong with stopping illegal immigration? Why is it okay
to fly helicopters up and down the Rio Grande 24/7 -- at huge expense --
but building a fence is seen as some sort of "Berlin Wall"-type of deal?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA