Old September 12th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default 2006 Dust Devil Dash Results?

And the flights on that day from Kelly Airpark in Colorado are for the
Black Forest Soaring Society "Downhill Dash". Any flight with an
easterly heading is, by definition, downhill from out 7040' MSL field
elevation. We started out with cloudbase just a bit above 10K - this
after the fog and low scud dried up - and continued on with bases
getting even lower out to the SE. I made it 10 miles short of Liberal,
KS, then spared myself a landing in a plowed filed by firing up the
trusty Wankel and motoring up to Ulysses to join Dave Leonard for
dinner

Unfortunately, the sky blew up shortly after clearing at Kelly and
about half the field never got away.

-Tom