Old November 19th 03, 02:23 AM
Tom S.

"Newps" wrote in message
news:aIrub.236709$Tr4.696802@attbi_s03...

Matthew S. Whiting wrote:

Because most private companies that perform functions similar to
governmental agencies are more efficient. I think new technology would
be adopted faster and with less bureaucracy. I think controller
performance would be rewarded more effectively. Last I knew, most civil
service jobs still had a lot of focus on seniority, more like a union
workforce in the private sector than a professional workforce in the
private sector.

Seniority is a nonfactor at the FAA. We only use it to bid our days off
twice a year.

Bull!! Seniority is a major (the major?) key in any bureaucracy or Union.