Old April 10th 21, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Do Purist Exhibit Higher Testosterone Levels ?

Ah, Bob... Come to Moriarty and I'll show you how to fly a "real" motor
glider. You'll be so enthralled that you'll stock my hangar fridge with
the local brew for the duration of your stay.

Dan
5J

On 4/9/21 3:40 PM, wrote:
On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 5:28:33 PM UTC-4, Mike Carris wrote:
On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 3:01:08 PM UTC-6, wrote:
One of the many questions that most of us purist ask examines the phsycological and psychical differences in individuals that fly Motorgliders vs purist. I do think that the motorglider fliers should certainly be considered for a much different score system compared to the true real purist. So, would testosterone levels or lack of those levels have a contribution to the number of motorglider sailplane pilots.

Motorglider pilots have more than a sufficient amount required for rational thought, but perhaps less than some silly mucho macho purests. Motorglider pilots brains may not be so clouded with excess mind fogging hormones, and as a result, they think more rationally about the advantage of a built in launch and or retrieve system if needed. ;^)

Chuckle...

Mike

Mike , you are heading up to the top of the class, great reply, but there is no rational thought involved in pushing the start button. Mike, I can help you in this situation, there is no substitute for testosterone when flying as a purist, we do not have that ability to light it up and go home to mama. Mike, I am an old man, but please spare me with the motorglider endorsement.