Old February 17th 04, 01:49 AM
Rick Glasser

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:59:47 -0500, jls wrote:

Anybody know the reason for this? The needle on the pilot's side is
stable, but the needle on the co-pilot side swings wildly, especially when
the tank is full. A float moves the needle around the dial. Why doesn't
it stay still and be good like its brother?

There was a service bulletin for the fuel sensor in the late model Cessnas
(don't know the number). Last winter, almost all of the 172s at our club
would exhibit the same problem. This winter (after a few 100-hour and
annual inspections) none that I have been flying are acting bad. It
used to be quite a nuisance.

--
Rick/JYO
PP-ASEL-IA