Old September 23rd 03, 09:08 AM
Quilljar

I honestly do not think that any sim however accurate, will help with
initial private pilot training. The whole experience is about the feel in
the air, the ability to look all around you and to feel terrified when you
accidentally go in to cloud or hit an expected bit of turbulence. I am
certain that too much simming will extend your training time not shorten it.
When you have qualified, the sim can be a great help in practising
instrument flying and for relaxing. If you are NEVER going to fly for real
then the sim is marvellous.

---