Old September 28th 03, 04:05 AM
Randy L.

Marco,
The flight school that I went to used the Elite system software in there
simulator. I used it a couple of times with my flight instructor to learn
basic VOR navigation. Its a good system for practicing things like VOR
navigation and IFR procedures, but it doesn't really help in teaching a
student 'stick and rudder' flying. I think that would take a full-motion
simulator costing hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars. My
personal opinion is that it is a software and hardware package that is too
expensive for the average flight simmer, and too expensive for the average
student pilot. About the only ones that can afford the full Elite package
would be a flight school with fairly deep pockets.

Randy L.

--
"Americans are despised for reasons that
have less to do with who we are and

"Marco Rispoli" wrote in message
I have FS2004 but for some reason I think the physics are a bit off... I
don't know if FS2004 cuts it as far as realism goes.

so I started looking around for other simulators and I found the Elite
Simulation software.

Anyone uses the Elite ?

How realistic is it and how useful could it be as and extra help in

training
for a private pilot license (C172 specifically)?

Thanks!

--
Marco Rispoli - NJ, USA
You can read my flight training diary at