Old March 20th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Kanze

Default Navy Says Farewell to Last Sea King

Great... now every bird and ship I was associated with is either decommisioned or in a museum. I think I'll have a beer and a nap...

Ditto.

T-1A, T-34B, UC-45J, T-39, T-2A & C, TA-4F, A-6A & B, KA-6D, TC-4C, USS BRAINE (DD-630), USS OKANOGAN (APA-220), USS SYLVANIA (AFS-2), USS LEXINGTON (AVT-16), USS RANGER (CV-61), USS CORAL SEA (CV-43). Most are now razor blades, Zippos, or beer cans.

Many A-6 airframes became artificial reefs off Florida. The BRAINE was sold to Argentina and later expended as an Exocet target.

There are several A-6 airframe gateguards and museum pieces about the land. Also, there are 148 A-6E airframes at AMARC, some of which - by their bureau numbers - were A-6As that I flew back in the time before time.

http://www.amarcexperience.com/AMARC...Area%201&Id=01

--
Mike Kanze

"The colder the x-ray table, the more of your body is required to be on it."

- Steven Wright

"MTW" wrote in message ...
Great... now every bird and ship I was associated with is either
decommisioned or in a museum. I think I'll have a beer and a nap...

MTW