Old August 19th 08, 06:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

Default Becker vs Microair

On Aug 16, 8:18*am, Dixie Sierra wrote:

2) Dual scan beteween the active and standby freqs with the ability to
transmit on the active. (Becker also offers a scan option but it seems
to be cover far more freqs and the freqs covered can only be changed
by turning the radio off and on at least twice. Dual scan seems very
nice when flying XC in the vicinity of an active airport.)

I might be wrong but I don't think that the Microaire has dual scan.
It has active and standby freqs but you have to manually toggle
between them.

Otherwise it has what you say that Becker has, scanning all the
channels in memory.

Here is a quote from the manual;

Mode Switch - Scan Mode - By holding down the toggle switch for 3
seconds, the M760 goes into scan mode. The programmed memories are
cycled quickly across the display. The M760 checks each memory in turn
for any signal. If there is no signal the radio moves to the next
programmed memory. When a signal is detected, the scan locks to that
memory to receive the signal. This memory is held for 10 seconds after
the signal finishes to afford the user an opportunity to reply on that
memory channel. The user can stop the scan operation by pressing down
briefly the toggle key, or the PTT button.