Old March 6th 14, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default B MAPPER

There are lots of changes and improvements to RAP v2. In particular, the planetary boundary layer (PBL) formulation is completed changed and improved. So, likely, you should see better more accurate soaring forecasts.

Walt WX

Walt: While we've got your attention...

My experience was that the NAM was way better than the RAP on cumulus forecasting and also cloud cover. The RAP seemed to be persistently far too dry, and the NAM about right in Northern Illinois. I presume this is about handling soil moisture and corn transpiration. Do you sense the new RAP will be better?

John Cochrane